Digital Journalism Intern - Summer Session
Title of Position: Digital Journalism Internship
Location: Delray Beach, FL, USA
Rate of Pay: $12.00/hour
About the company / mission statement:
Fractl is a creative digital agency with an international tribe of digital marketers spanning from the US to the UK and South America. Our clients, which range from startups and mid-size businesses to Fortune 500 companies, rely on our expertise to drive their growth. We nurture a diverse team of strategists, developers, designers, animators, journalists, search experts, and PR professionals to achieve results and improve the bottom line of businesses while making them look good.
About the position:
Fractl is a seeking a digital journalism intern to assist in the editorial aspects of our campaign production. In this position, the primary responsibilities include editing; conducting high-quality online research; preparing surveys; reaching out to potential sources; writing articles, scripts, and other types of content; and working on revisions. All of these aspects will be used to assist in the creation of high-quality content marketing campaigns that get placed with the web’s top publishers. Our most successful campaigns involve original writing and emotional impact. They are designed to be shared socially, to make people think, and to provide a unique glimpse at something that will resonate with audiences in an impactful way.
- Currently seeking or have just completed a degree in journalism, sociology, marketing, public relations, English, or communications
- Strong research and sourcing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Math/data analysis skills
- Familiarity with Internet culture
- Recent experience writing for an online audience
- Ability to multi-task and meet short-term and long-term deadlines
- Ability to take complex subjects and turn them into easily understandable content
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well on a team
- Excellent command of English grammar
- Proofreading and editing skills
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Strong interest in marketing and online media
- Familiarity with content management systems
- Experience writing for a wide range of audiences
For examples of the types of content you’d help create, please see our portfolio.
Location: Fractl is located at 601 N. Congress Avenue, Suite 206, Delray Beach, FL 33445. We have a relaxed atmosphere with music, an open floor plan, comfy couches, and a ping pong table! We have a full kitchen so you can prepare meals and an unlimited supply of coffee and soda.
How to apply:
1. A cover letter that details:
- Why you would like to work for Fractl and why you are applying for this position
- Explain why/how your experience or knowledge fulfills the expectations above
2. Your resume
Fractl is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Fractl provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fractl complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Fractl expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Fractl’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.