Freelance Digital Journalist
Fractl is a seeking Freelance Digital Journalist for the editorial aspects of our campaign production. In this position, the primary responsibilities include editing; conducting high-quality online research; preparing surveys; reaching out to potential sources; writing articles, scripts, and other types of content; and working on revisions. All of these aspects will be used in the creation of high-quality content marketing campaigns that get placed with the web’s top publishers. Our most successful campaigns involve original writing and emotional impact. They are designed to be shared socially, to make people think, and to provide a unique glimpse at something that will resonate with audiences in an impactful way. This position is open to remote candidates.
- Degree in journalism, sociology, English, or communications
- Strong research and sourcing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Math/data analysis skills
- Familiarity with internet culture
- Recent experience writing for an online audience
- Ability to multitask and meet short- and long-term deadlines
- Ability to take complex subjects and turn them into easily understandable content
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well on a team
- Excellent command of English grammar
- Proofreading and editing skills
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Strong interest in marketing and online media
- Familiarity with content management systems
- Experience writing for a wide range of audiences
For examples of the types of content you’d help create, please see our portfolio.
Freelance employees can be evaluated for more stable work and even full time permanent positions. This position is open to remote employees.